Always a friendly and sociable atmosphere.
Members and guests appreciate the welcoming UMass environment, while respecting our customs and courtesies.
Get the quick facts about visiting our Club!
Hours of Operation
- The UMass Club is open 6 days a week.
- Mon-Fri: 7:30am-9:00pm
- Saturday: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Entry is limited to current members and registered guests
We request that Members and guests use sound judgement when considering your outfit for:
- A business meeting or Club event
- A formal dinner or a casual bite
- A holiday celebration
Helpful dress code reminders:
- Members, family of members, and guests are asked to wear attire appropriate for the occasion or event
- Attire that is torn and/or in need cleaning or repair, is not appropriate
- Those not following dress code guidelines will be asked (nicely) to change or to leave the club
- Parking is available for members, and guests at 1 Beacon Street. It can be a bit tricky to find the entrance so please follow these directions:
Come to the Club via Cambridge St. (which becomes Tremont St. just past City Hall). Stay to the right and look for a sign for the PIPERI restaurant on the right. Enter the garage right before the sign and stay to the left to enter the One Beacon Street Garage.
- Visitors are to park in the Government Center parking garage, or the PO Square parking garage; all within walking distance of the Club
- The Club is accessible via public transportation
.6 miles from South Station
.7 miles from North Station
.2 miles from State Street Station (orange line and blue line)
.2 miles from Park Street Station (red line and green line)
.3 miles from Downton Crossing Station (orange line and red line)
Guest Access, Privileges & Payment
- Guests are welcome to visit the Club when accompanied by a UMass Club Member
- Guests without a Member host may use Club facilities if guest access has been arranged in advance
- Cash payments for Club services are not permitted, host Member and guests must establish method of payment upon arrival
- Members are ultimately responsible for charges incurred by sponsored guests.
- Common sense is key with mobile devices at the Club
- Be discreet
- Turn all devices to silent
- Answer calls, email or message only when necessary (important or emergency situations)
- Smoking is not permitted at the The UMass Club.
Surcharge & Tax
All food and beverage charges are subject to a 14% Service Charge that is distributed to the Club's hourly wait staff, service bartenders and service employees, and an 8% taxable Administrative Fee that is not a service charge, tip or gratuity and is used to subsidize the Club's general expenses. The Club does not charge any other service charge, tip or gratuity for food and beverage service or use of the Club's facilities.
Programs & Events
- Guests of Members are welcome to attend at all Club programs and events
- Guests must be accompanied by the host Member at all Club programs and events
- Members and guests are expected to comply with Club rules, including by-laws and house rules
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests
- Children under the age of 17 require adult supervision